Through comprehensive medical care, Dr. Preeti Malladi at Malladi Bariatrics and Advanced Surgery can help you start your path losing weight, but managing your weight is an endeavor that requires constant diligence. Managing your weight can be difficult to constantly give it the amount of attention it needs and keep track of everything, but there are many apps out there that can help you stay on top of it all. We have taken a few of the most useful apps out there and listed them below.
• Lose It!: Lose It! is a free app for Android and iPhone that makes it easy to track calories and exercise as you work toward your goal. In addition to handy charts that track your progress, you also get access to a weight loss community that can give you support and advice.
• MyFitnessPal: The calorie counter and diet tracker app provided by MyFitnessPal makes it easy to track everything you eat. It counts calories as well as major nutrients, and it remembers previous entries, making it fast and simple to use.
• Noom Coach: Weight Loss: Rather than focusing on short-term dieting, Noom Coach aims to help you establish lifelong habits that help you maintain your health long after you’ve reached your target weight. It gives you feedback on your meals, and helps you improve eating habits overall.
• Endomondo: This app is loaded with features geared toward exercise, so much so it can be at first overwhelming; however, they are all very effective. The detailed logs it takes of your day-to-day exercise can also help you stay motivated to meet your goals.
• MyNetDiary: This app not only tracks diet and exercise, but it takes other factors into account such as sleep, blood glucose levels, and more. This app provides a customizable and highly motivational experience that some would say is faster and simpler to use than other popular apps.
These are just a few of the apps which are available on your smartphone, but they provide a wide variety of features which are designed to motivate you as you strive toward your goals.