Back to top

FAQ’s – LINX System

Q. When can I start eating normally again?

Patients are encouraged to return to a normal diet as quickly as tolerated. This helps the body adapt to the LINX® System.

Q. When can I return to normal physical activities?

Generally, patients are able to return to non-strenuous activity within a couple of days, however, as with any surgical procedure, you should consult your physician regarding post-operative care.

Q. Can I go through airport security?

The LINX® System should not affect airport security, however, all patients will be provided with an implant card to have available in the event an issue arises.

Q. How long does the procedure last?

The procedure usually lasts less than an hour, but each patient’s experience may differ.

Q. Will I be able to belch or vomit with the LINX® system?

Patients who have received the LINX® System have reported the ability to belch and vomit.

Q. Will the magnets wear out?

The LINX® System uses permanent magnets that are designed never to wear out.

Q. How long will the LINX® System last?

The LINX® System is designed to be a lifelong implant. The cases and wires are constructed of titanium, which has a long history of use in permanent medical implants. The LINX® System uses permanent magnets that are designed not to wear out.

Q. Will I be able to feel the LINX® System after it has been implanted?

A small number of patients have reported sensations in the area of the LINX® System. It is not known if this is the device or the result of surgery in the area.  These sensations have gone away over time.

Q. How is the LINX® System implanted?

The LINX® System is implanted using a minimally invasive surgical technique called laparoscopy.  This technique uses small incisions in the abdominal wall to access the area around the esophagus where the device will be placed.

Q. Can I have an MRI?

The LINX® System is not considered safe for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). You must avoid having a MRI test if you are treated with the LINX® System.  The MRI could cause serious injury to you and/or interfere with the magnetic strength and the function of the device.